‘Junk to Jewels’ Workshop 10.00am – 1.00pm
Learn how to transform your old furniture and smaller items from Junk to Jewels in this enjoyable hands-on upcycling workshop with Jules Smith.
Get hands-on experience using the amazing Frenchic natural chalk and mineral paint and try out different painting styles – shabby chic, vintage and modern. You will also get to try out stencilling and water slide transfers.
This is what you will do during the workshop:
- discover how to prepare your project for painting
- understand different techniques you can use with chalk paint
- paint your own item in the style you prefer
- learn the best finish to seal your project
By the end of the session, you’ll have upcycled your own item to take home, and you’ll have the skills, knowledge and confidence to tackle more projects.
Bring along your own piece of ‘junk’ (like a small table, a picture frame, a box, or even a dining room chair) to upcycle. This session is 3 hours so a smaller piece is advisable!
‘Christmas Creativity’ Workshop 2.30pm – 5.30pm
Join Jules Smith to learn how to turn your used wine and champagne bottles into festive candle holders, and how to ‘Christmasize’ items like trays or plates for your Christmas table!
In this workshop you will:
- transform your old bottle, tray or piece of furniture with decoupage
- learn the secrets of successful ‘crackle’ effects
- discover how to ‘finish’ your project using lacquer or wax
- get ideas for ‘dressing’ your items to make them Christmassy
You are welcome to bring a few small pieces to work on – plus we will have a supply of bottles to decorate/decoupage should you wish to take that option.
Workshop places are limited (max 8 places per workshop) and must be booked in advance.
Price: €35 for one workshop, or save by booking a place on both workshops for only €65!
Venue : Coeur et Étoile, 17 Rue Principale, 87440 St. Mathieu
Remember to wear your painting clothes.
We will supply plenty of tea, coffee and cake!
[wc_box color=”inverse” text_align=”left”]
Also available – private painting parties in your home for 4-6 friends!